REDARC 40A BCDCN Core 12V / 24V DC to DC Dual Battery In-Cabin Vehicle Charger BCDCN1240
REDARC's BCDC Core 40A DC to DC In-Cabin Battery Charger is the next evolution of the legendary BCDC platform that has been powering off-grid adventures for over 10 years.
REDFLEET OPTIONAL FUSE KIT Includes:
- 2 x Bussmann Stackable Midi Fuse Holder with Red Cover
- Includes 2 x 60A Midi Fuse
- 4 x 10-5mm Cable Lugs for 6 B&S Cable Size
- Suitable for up to 5M of Cable Install Length
- 2 x 50A Grey Anderson Style Plug with Cable Lugs
- Suitable for Fridge or other In-Vehicle Power Appliances
- 2 x 50A Red Anderson Style Plug with Cable Lugs
- Suitable for Solar Power Input
The BCDC Core is the perfect DC to DC charging solution for in-cabin, canopy, or battery box setups where dust and weatherproofing isn’t required. Each BCDC Core features REDARC’s tried and tested dual input DC charging tech plus an MPPT solar regulator and Green Power Priority all in the familiar and compact BCDC form factor. These features allow the BCDC Core to efficiently charge from both the alternator and solar simultaneously, ensuring maximum charge capacity no matter the situation.
Looking for a DC-DC Charger for an under bonnet installation? The REDARC BCDC Classic range in 25amp, 40amp and 50amp models could be what you're looking for.
Max Charge Efficiency
The BCDC Core features a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator and 'Green Power Priority'. With these features the BCDC Core will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously, maximising its charge rate and minimising the load on your alternator, saving fuel.
Compact & Silent
With no loud fans or relays and a small form factor, the BCDC Core can be tucked away, leaving room in the cabin for more important things. Don't ruin the look of your interior with bulky electronics. Hide it under the rear floor, behind a side panel or under the seats and make your power set up look like it was meant to be there.
With chemistry specific charging profiles, including lithium the BCDC Core ensures your batteries are ready for your next adventure. The award-winning technology in the BCDC Core has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.*
As a guide the BCDC Core 40A is typically used for lead acid battery banks over 200Ah and lithium batteries over 100Ah. Check the manufacturer’s data for your battery and ensure that the ‘Continuous Current Rating’ of the charger does not exceed the manufacturer’s recommended maximum charging current. For smaller batteries, REDARC recommends the BCDC Core 25A.
For higher capacity needs of over 200AH, REDARC recommends the BCDC Core 40A.
*Large capacity battery banks may require a few cycles to fully charge.
Backed by the Best
The BCDC Core is designed, tested and manufactured in Australia and is backed by our leading technical support and national REDNetwork certified installer network.
If you’re heading out into the bush and want to get there and back again safely – you can trust REDARC.
- Suitable for in-cabin and canopy installations only
- Compact form factor
- Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
- Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
- Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
- Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries
- Suitable for use on vehicles with conventional alternator charging systems